Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Oh, that's good!"

That's what my grandfather used to say at the table when he ate something really really tasty.  He'd get a happy, satisfied look on his face and slowly say, "Ohhhh, that's gooood."  And it was; he was always right about this.  It was such a trademark phrase of his that my brother actually mentioned it when speaking at his funeral.  And we all smiled when he said that and pictured things like my grandmother's apricot chicken or brisket, two of the several things that prompted that statement of totally blissed-out satisfaction.

I want this blog to be about good stuff.  Satisfying stuff.  The kind of thing that might make one say, "Oh, that's good."  For me, that means craft beer, and few places are as rich in great breweries as Michigan and the other great lakes states.  That's what I'll be covering, along with some more general commentary on food and drink, both local and far-flung.  I'll also throw in random musings, and -- because I can't help myself -- some curmudgeonly commentary.  It's in my nature, and my work as a lawyer in child protection matters simply reinforces it.  But don't worry: this is not a law blog.  There are enough of those already.

If you're reading, welcome!  Sit back, pour yourself a tasty, local brew, and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! i look forward to reading...

    ReplyDelete